Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I know that I'm being watched...

So it's been a little bit since I last wrote in here. A LOT has happened.

Since my last post, there have been a few people under attack. One of them has been my good friend, and who other than the staff of St. A's is doing it... For about a week it was spread all around that he was a big trouble maker. That didn't last long, though.

Cue in the witch hunt music...

On Friday, February 22nd, 2008, after some e-mail tag with Sr. Margaret, we had a meeting at the Church office. I was not told about the planned presence of a Mr. Bob F. of the St. A's staff. I was also not told that it would be a one-way meeting. All that I knew was from our following messages (the first two being on facebook, which was weird enough...):

Sr. Margaret Harig
4:10pm Feb 18th
Hi, Anders,
I was hoping to meet with you this week. I'm free on Wednesday from 10:30 - noon or again after 3 p.m. Could you let me know your availability.
Thanks,
Sr. Margaret

Anders Bergmann
4:36pm Feb 18th
Hi Sr. Margaret,

I am available on Wednesday after 6, and on Thursday after 4:30

May I ask what this meeting is regarding?

In the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Anders

Sr. Margaret Harig
11: 34am Feb 20th
Hi, Anders, Can we try again for a meeting time? I'll need about
30 minutes of your time. Both my Wednesday and Thursday evenings
are already scheduled this week. Would you have any time during
the day this Friday? The afternoon would be preferable. I want
to talk to you about your leadership role at the student center.
Lenten prayers,
Sr. Margaret

Anders Bergmann

6:16pm Feb 20th

Hi Sr. Margaret, I am free on friday at around 4:00pm-7:00pm if you would like to meet then. Otherwise our meeting would have to wait until next week. Thanks for getting back to me!
In the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Anders


Sr. Margaret Harig

11:13 Feb 20th
Hi, Anders, Four o'clock on Friday would be just fine. Stop at the church office and let the receptionist know that you have arrived. See you then.
Lenten blessings,
Sr. Margaret

I guess I should have known what was coming my way... I went on Friday, and let them know that I was there. Sr. came out and shook my hand, and led me into the Pastor's office where Mr. F. was waiting. I was asked to sit down, and I was read the following statement:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/vikingjr/1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/vikingjr/2.jpg


I was floored... I still am. How is it that a Catholic Church can ban me, for saying something not nice? How can they keep me from the sacraments? This assassination of character is just astounding to me... I've heard of this type of behavior coming from Churches before, but I can honestly say, in all my time being black listed for not complying to the status quo, even at other churches, that I have never actually experienced anything on this level.

Well, I couldn't agree with her more on the issue of personal responsibility. I have never once ever tried to deny that I wrote those comments about her and the office staff; I'll shout it from the rooftops that I wrote them. I think what also needs to be observed, however, is that I edited that post, of my own volition, on February 12, 2008, loooooooong before she even first asked to meet with me. Now I hope she will hold up to her own personal responsibility. I hope that she knows that I have no problem admitting what I wrote, but I think that it says something that I edited it myself without her coercion.

It's also a reach to try to drag Jon into this whole mess. On top of that, it's quite ridiculous to try to blame me for anything that a fellow adult is quite capable of doing on his own. Word has it now that I am the target in the office, that Jon has been made to be the victim of my violent division in the Church; apparently he's merely been my pawn for my own agenda or something like that (?). I don't know. That's what I'm hearing... since I haven't been there for nearly a week... seeing as I'm not welcome and all...

I do know that on Tuesday, at the Newman Club dinner (which in my opinion has strayed far far from what Cardinal Newman wanted in this organization), Mr. F. was there bouncing... trying to make sure that I wasn't there or something of those sorts. wow. I think that's all I really can say to that... what am I? A common criminal?! I guess so!

More later...

Holy Mary, Mother of G-d, Pray for us!

4 comments:

Anthony said...

W-w-w-wow...A bouncer at Newman?!! HHHAAA!!

Anyways, Anders, I sent you a message on facebook. If you didn't get it, check the site. I think you'll like the idea I have in mind (excuse the ambiguity).

I can't believe all of the stuff that has occurred around you, I really can't. It's almost surreal that such a thing would occur amongst Catholic Christians. But then, such behavior on their part is in no way indicative of any sort of catholicity in my opinion.

But alas, what does my opinion matter?

God bless, Anders.

Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthony said...

PS, You should've entered Newman through the backdoor!! Let the brawl occur in the open and see who's the real man!

Ok I desist lest I need to go to confession...

Cliff Notes said...

Post more blogs, stupiiiid. :-)